Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Never Giving Up

So, I haven't posted much this past week. I've been kind of in a slump, work drained me and it felt like I had a dark cloud hanging over my head and then after Friday's Sandy Hook tragedy, I didn't feel like doing much of anything. I find the last couple of weeks before Christmas, everyone is just stressed and overwhelmed. It's hard to find the peace and comfort we should retain within our souls. Everyone is too consumed with finishing their shopping and getting the house ready and spotless. Then by the time the holidays are here, we are fatigued and can't wait until its all over.
Today's rain is not helping my mentality either. I read a post from my MBB instructor this afternoon on how we should look at this rain as the washing away of our worries and whatever that is holding us back from enjoying the present. I think that's an excellent way of working your mind and accepting the weather along with everything else in your life. The panic of last minute shopping, the cleaning, the worries about what we cannot control, etc...
I pray for the children and parents of Sandy Hook Elementary School. I pray for the teachers, the counselors, the aides, nurses, and first responders to the scene. I pray that they have good coping support and that they will find comfort and peace in their life soon.
Prayer is powerful, and it's so important not to give up. As much as it seems like tragedy surrounds us more than ever, God has a master plan and we must trust and believe in Him to get us through life.



Anxiety took over me last week at work, it was one thing after another and I felt scared going back to work on the weekend. It's hard to let go of our worries, but I remind myself that I love what I do, I'm not alone, and I can only do my best. It's a daily struggle learning to let go but I'm determined. Stress only makes one feel ill and fatigued, it's not worth it.
I skipped my weekend workouts which only added fuel to the fire. After exercise I feel empowered and relaxed. Once I get going, I feel amazing. I'm glad to say i'm back at it this week even through the rain and my sluggish mentality. Feeling the burn helps tremendously, the pain with lifting and release with stretching is like building up all that hurts inside you and then giving it up and letting it leave the body.

 
progress on my arms :)

I'm thankful to have today and tomorrow off to get myself back together and focus on the excitement of the holidays again. I plan to finish my wrapping, listen to xmas music, light some delicious smelling candles, drink some hot cocoa tonight, and curl up with my husband and Ginger for a fun holiday movie.


I hope everyone has a great week. Remember to take some time for yourself to soak in the Christmas spirit, breathe in the fresh air and exhale the negative energy that may be weighing you down.


xoxo...

No comments: