Monday, December 10, 2012

Purpose

On today December 10, 2012 I woke up with purpose. I could of slept through this rainy morning under my warm covers but instead I wanted to take full advantage of the day. I enjoyed my hot cup of Folgers while I brought my crazy puggle outside. I glanced around my outdoor surroundings and looked up into the sky and thanked God for this day. It's been a great weekend and today is it's conclusion. I went back inside to get ready for my killer workout at mindbodybarre and then finish up my cardio and weight training at the gym.

                                                                    (my puggle Ginger)

I didn't know I would be the only one who showed up at the studio this morning but it ended up working out in my favor, I got some great personal training and received insight to the rest of my day. During reiki meditation, I released my tension and with that my instructor was able to pinpoint where my unsettlement was lingering. I learned that I need to let this someone be themselves and accept him/her truly as an individual and family member. No matter what disagreeement or judgment we feel is placed on us, everyone grows in his own way and we cannot change that person but only ourselves. This person is going through a difficult time in life and I can only be there to listen and accompany with my presence. Even though a language barrier can be hard to pass, our spirit says everything we would want to say through words. 
This weekend was an overpowering one and I am blessed to have an amazing family to share the experiences. My husband and I exchanged our vows for the first time in the Catholic church. We were married a year ago from September 4th through the state of Nevada but our vows were never blessed or recognized in our religion. Saturday was really special, not only being the Feast of the Immaculate Conception and the end of the first week of Advent, but to be able to start my married life with my husband in God's eyes. Sunday, my aunt and uncle renewed their vows in the church after 25 years of marriage. It's great to see how strong a marriage in faith endures and outlasts, I looked at them with pride and asked God for the love between my husband and I to only get stronger with each year so we too can exchange vows before God again in 25 years.

                                                           (my husband and I with Fr. Peter)

We also visited LaSalette, the festival of lights this religious weekend. It always gets me in the Christmas mood. It's so peaceful and even with the hundreds of people scurrying passed you, I was able to feel Advent and my anticipation for Christmas grew stronger inside me.
(LaSalette Shrine)

I realize I can only change myself and the person I want to grow to be. The presence is where I start my journey and I must ask God for the tools I need. I must gather my strength and pick up my ball of light so I may help and inspire others through my work and life itself.

Ask yourself, "What's my purpose today?"
 

No comments: