Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Peace & Serenity

After my workout at MBB and PF this morning, I took a trip to two cemeteries where special people in my life lie. I visited my great grandmother who was so dear to my heart and always wanted the best for me. I always go near every Christmas to decorate her grave with a little something. I hope she is looking down and smiling down on her family and I hope I am making her proud.
Next I visited my godfather, whom I haven't visited since he passed exactly two years from today. I knew he passed near Christmas but wasn't sure of the date; it was very coincidental when I found out today was the anniversary. His grave looked beautiful from the lovely decorations his daughter set up for him this morning.


                                                           (my great grandmother's burial site)
                         
                               
                                                          (my godfather's burial site)

The cemeteries I visited were so peaceful and serene. I love driving and walking in them around the holidays and seeing the beautiful wreaths, plants and trees near all our loved one's grave sites.



After my visits I came to my mother's house to make Portuguese biscuits, a holiday tradition my mom keeps every Christmas. Listening to Xmas music and rolling out dough always puts me in a good mood.
Here's some more photos of my day, hope everyone had a good one! God Bless Xo

                                             (My lovely mother showing off our beautiful "biscoitos")
                                         
                                                            (Ready for the oven... these truly are delicious)

                                (My parents' Nativity Scene, which I'm glad they resumed their tradition of creating one)

  
(I have to include my wild animal Ginger because while we are baking, she does what she does best... Cause lots of trouble)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was a great day spend with my daughter!!

Unknown said...

Love the way u wright , very inspiring thank u my sweet daughter.., love uuu