Monday, January 14, 2013

Fear No More

Another week into the new year, happy Monday once again! My weekend was great, I worked half of it but I had a nice Saturday. It was one of our friend's 40th surprise birthday party. There was great food, great friends, dancing, and the playoffs were on at the bar. 
Yesterday I trained for the postpartum side of the maternity ward at work. I enjoyed learning the mother-baby component and I have a great preceptor to guide me. I still can't believe how much there is to learn in obstetrics. It's stimulation overload at times. I remind myself when I feel overwhelmed that I am new and it'll take quite some time to feel comfortable on my own. 
Fear of failure is top on my list. I always strive to be the best nurse I can be but I expect to learn quickly and be on top of every detail. I leave work analyzing and I do the same before I return back. I project my day without knowing how it's going to pan out. It's important to train your mind to shift your perception of fear into love. Fear is an illusion, it is not real. We let our egos overcome us and rule our day. Love is the ultimate creation and we all bare this truth. Here are some awesome quotes to remind ourselves daily. 





Marianne Williamson- internationally acclaimed spiritual author and lecturer




I hope you all have a blessed week and get all your goals accomplished. Today is double workout Monday for me, so I must get to it! Also, who's excited about the Pats vs. Ravens game? I think we've got this, I'm looking forward to next Sunday!

lmao...
Go Pats!



No comments: