Monday, January 28, 2013

My Latest Obsessions

Good afternoon friends, I hope you are starting off your week on a good note and a positive attitude. Today is my day off and I spent this early afternoon with my mother and grandmother trying out Wildflour Vegan Bakery and Juice Bar. I love trying new bakeries, cafes, and restaurants for that matter. I've been experimenting with vegan and organic products and I'm becoming addicted. It's great being addicted to healthy stuff! My mother was adventurous with me today and tried the Dino smoothie with me. It's made with spinach, kale, banana, blueberries, almond butter, and almond milk. I thought it was delicious, mom had to warm up to it but ending up enjoying it. My grandmother on the other hand wanted nothing to do with Wildflour, thank God there was a Dunkin Donuts next door for her! We ended up bringing our drinks and my vegetarian chili over to Dunkin Donuts so we could sit down together.

My mom at first sip

Now that's better!

Vovo happy with her Dunkin Donuts

My lunch

The cute little bakery we didn't end up eating in

So, I thought today that I would comprise a list of my favorite things and latest obsessions and share it with you. It was fun putting these photos together and appreciating all the little things in life.

My Latest Obsessions

Almond milk by Blue Diamond and Green Goodness by Bolthouse Farms. This pre-made green smoothie is super good and can be bought at practically any supermarket in the organic isle. Also, try the green tea soy latte while you are at it. Almond milk tastes so good and is so good for you. My favorite is the unsweetened vanilla at only 40 calories.

   

Barre class! I love it, period. I can't stress how much of a full body workout it gives you. It tightens and tones you all around. I've noticed incredible results and the workouts are a lot fun!



The Tone It Up workout plan. Karena and Katrina share great recipes, cool new workouts to try each week, and they are fun and motivating to watch. Their YouTube videos go into detail with each move and you can work out with them right in your living room!


The MCM Guided Meditation Album. Perfect for a nice relaxing morning and/or evening in your favorite space with a lighted candle, feeling the loving energy surround you and envelop you with your new thoughts.


Positive and Encouraging K-Love! I was never a fan of Christian music, but I was also never a fan of Country music and now I love it. I ran across the station a few weeks ago and figured maybe it'd help me feel a little more positive and relaxed. It did help and now I listen to it in my car, when I'm doing errands around the house, or just when I need something inspiring to listen to. I get the songs stuck in my head even when I'm not listening to the station!


Dave Ramsey's debt payoff plan. My husband and I are knocking off our debts one by one by tightening our budgets, reducing costs of our bills, trading in our car due to its huge monthly payment, and just using common sense. I have to say, I was not on board with this plan when Johnny first presented it to me and still may not fully be there yet but I love seeing our payments lowered and saying goodbye to unnecessary loans! I mean, I love spending and shopping, who doesn't? I also know that we cannot afford big spending right now or else we wouldn't have any debt. When we can pay everything in cash and have no loans, well that's a different story.



Pinterest. This site is extremely addicting. I can be on for hours at a time, re-pinning and posting cool new ideas and fitness quotes. From fashion, recipes, decorating, gardening, you name it, and you'll find it. I know you feel the same way!



Pretty Little Liars. I'm only on Season 2 but I'm hooked. Seriously, who is Alison's killer? Someone please tell me! Ok, don't but it's driving me nuts.... I need to take a vacation to watch up to the last aired episode. I had always thought this show was for young teens but it's really for anyone looking for a good suspenseful drama.



Market Basket. This supermarket rocks! I didn't realize how much we could save from switching supermarkets. Stop & Shop is so overpriced. You think you're saving big with their sales but oh are they deceiving you. Market Basket has quality food and name brands for a substantially lower cost. Plus, their Market Basket brand in almost everything tastes great too.



Faith.Beauty.Inspiration. This blog is awesome, right? Haha. I'm so hooked to blogging and reading blogs. I can stand in front of the computer all day going through my reading list. I feel like I know some of these authors so well from following their stories each week. I find awesome workouts, advice, and stress relieving tools, all from people just like myself.


That concludes my favorite and latest obsessions. Feel free to comment below and share your favorites. I also attached the newest quote posted up at work from the one and only Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. I love how they pertain to my readings from MCM. Have a wonderful week!



No comments: