Saturday, January 19, 2013

Self-love and Positive Thinking

Hi everyone! I'm so excited to have the weekend off work and I hope all of you are able to enjoy it too and get everything done you want accomplished. It was a late start to my Saturday morning, I was finally able to sleep until 9:30! All this week I've been wide awake since 6 am when my husband gets up for work, not fun since my shift is 3-11:30. Anyways, this morning felt refreshing and I am trying to convince my husband to workout with me at the gym when he leaves his job. I did some reading on MCM (which I totally recommend) and prepared myself for today with some guided meditation. I'm really trying to start my day off right with some reflecting, focusing on positive mantras and prayer. I remind myself of these mantras throughout the day and focus on shifting my perception of negative thoughts into positive ones.





I saw this hung up in several places at work yesterday and thought it was absolutely perfect. Work can be extremely stressful and really affect us emotionally but by showing it, everyone around you gets affected.  Being negative does not help yourself or others. We must always look into the bright side of every situation. We work to help others and create an awesome impact. If everyone tries to shift their perspective into positive energy, the workplace can be a comforting and supporting place to be. 
Studies show positive emotions contribute to better health and longer life and is stronger than that of linking obesity to reduced longevity. Optimism and positive emotion provide protection against cardiovascular disease and slows progression of heart disease. It reduces the risk of experiencing a cardiovascular event such as a heart attack by 50 percent. (Harvard School of Public Health) This was shared by a co-worker through a positive email to all staff. Thanks Melanie!
I found the "Ten thoughts on Happiness" on Sweet Ordinary Life's blog. It's so important to remind ourselves of the simple things that make us happy and to treat ourselves to them. Self-love is empowering and without achieving this, we are unable to make others happy.


Banish all negative self-talk and doubt that your ego presents you. They are false illusions, you are fearless and relentless. Treat your body to good health, stay strong and work hard. You deserve it and are worth it.


Healthy Chick's blog post focuses on 10 mantras to break free of diet obsessed living. Sometimes we focus too much on diets and over exercising that we forget to take good care of our bodies emotionally. Instead of treating ourselves with wholesome foods, we look at sugar free products and assume they must be best. We forget the food pyramid and the importance of taking vitamins. We may focus on losing weight but have no energy. Honor your bodies and exercise to feel amazing afterward, whether it be yoga, pilates, running, etc. Pick the right workout for you!


A nice healthy chicken ceasar salad and veggie juice made me feel great after lunch yesterday.

P57 is a whole body workout and I feel so amazing afterwards.

Ginger prefers yoga.

She also enjoys making my workouts harder. When doing planks and pushups she hangs out on top of me chewing her toys!

Loving every moment with this crazy puggle.

So I hope you all enjoyed this post, have a great weekend! I'm looking forward to having Championship Sunday at our house tomorrow. I need to do some cleaning and grocery shopping at some point today. I must attend to Ginger now, she is pounding on the blinds and I know she wants me to walk with her but its sooo windy outside. Take care everyone. XOXO


No comments: