Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy Monday!


Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a lovely weekend and shared it with your loved ones. I had a fun weekend with my husband spent with friends and family. Saturday, we met up with my old "suitemate" and great friend from college and her boyfriend Dale. Even though we don't get together as often as we'd like, when we do hang out it's like old times and we have so much to talk about. We were suppose to go ice skating with them on that frigid night but it turned out the Zamboni was non-functional so we opted for drinks and dinner at Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill. This restaurant had a great laid back atmosphere filled with country music, BBQ food and lots of beer.

Nati and I at Toby Keith's

It's awesome to have friends like Nati who have similar goals in fitness and healthy eating. She loves the blogging world like I do and is always spicing up her fitness routine and trying cool new healthy recipes. She also is very inspirational and positive, the type of person you look forward to sharing all the good news and the one who will help you stand tall through all the bad news. We made a plan to run our half marathon together this year, this will be her second and my first. I'm excited!
Sunday, my husband and I went to church and I found the sermon very synchronized with what I have been reading. If you missed out, I'm referring to "Spirit Junkie" by Gabrielle Bernstein. Gabby helps you to change your perception about fear into love. It's about connecting to your inner guide and replacing darkness with light. "We are one, in light and love." The sermon in mass was about the three wise men who visited baby Jesus in Bethlehem, who used the bright star in the sky to guide them on their journey. The priest reminded us all that we too have this bright star within us that we must follow to reach our destination in life. It's amazing how the lessons in my book come to real life just as it said they would. I am glad to finish "Spirit Junkie" today and to be able to move on to Gabby's new book "May Cause Miracles", a continuation and detailed plan necessary to change your vision and life. Heather@fortheloveofkale has started a book club both online and in person for "May Cause Miracles" starting next week. I look forward to reading everyone's input and stories.


                                                     Thought this was a cute way of preparing to meditate, something I've enjoyed doing since reading Gabby's books.

We also took down our tree on Sunday afternoon being the twelfth and last day of Christmas. It was sad saying goodbye to the remnants of this past Christmas. In another way it was refreshing to know it only marks the start of another awesome year to look forward to.

                                                                Me unraveling the tree beads

Today was Wellness Monday for me and Ginger. I woke up at 5am which I never do and hit MBB for an amazing workout and then the gym for a 5k run and more weightlifting, pushups, and planks. I must say today was probably my greatest workout to date. Then I brought Ginger to the vet for her shots and physical. I almost wanted to cry when I saw how scared she was when they clipped her nails, the poor thing was traumatized. She seemed content when we got back home and she got to snuggle on the couch with all my blankets.


Then, I had lunch consisting of ham, turkey and spinach on a pumpkin 100 calorie bagel, a boiled egg, and my new favorite green veggie juice.

Delicious!
After lunch I spent time with mom, dad and the two crazy animals (Ginger and Prince, my other baby). I also had my annual doctor's appointment this afternoon and I feel great knowing I'm very physically healthy. I just need to work on being more healthy mentally. It's a daily battle but with gratitude, forgiveness, and love it will happen. Here's a quote from Gabby's new book that I loved from it's first page: "Heaven on Earth is a choice you must make, not a place you must find."-Wayne Dyer. I'll leave you with the 7 rules to life I find inspirational. Have a beautiful week everyone! 




No comments: