Saturday, January 26, 2013

Live In Each Moment

I woke up this morning with only 1 to 2 hours of sleep, feeling overwhelmed and anxious. "How can I make it through the day on that little sleep? I have to work tonight!" Lately I've been facing a battle with insomnia. I haven't received a night of adequate sleep in over a week. Thoughts tend to race through my head
when I lay my head down to rest. I'm working on letting go of the day's events the best I can but it's worse to beat yourself up over it the next day. It's a new day I remind myself and I will live in the moment and be the best person I can be. I almost said "screw it," I'm not working out today, I'm just going to lay in bed and relax. The thing is I wouldn't be relaxed, I would feel sorry for myself and be miserable. Even though I got up at 11:30 from bed, I used that time to meditate and I thanked God for the day. Then I got up and worked out for a half hour and it helped! I showered, had my protein shake and I felt better knowing that I did something for myself today. Now I will try to share this positive energy at work and allow my inner guide and God to lead the way. Live in each moment and do something for yourself every day. Have a good weekend!

4 comments:

fashionforbeauty said...

Hi! Glad to see you here! It is always encouraging to read about life and God. I am also new in the blogging world. I am Catholic and an advocate of modest fashion in the Philippines. Hope you can support my new blog! God bless :)

Faith.Beauty.Inspiration. said...

Thanks Esther! Welcome! Your blog looks great, keep up the good work.

fashionforbeauty said...

Thanks for following me! :) Hope you can help me spread my blog! I just started days ago. I started this blog to serve as my portfolio as a fashion speaker. :) Nice to meet you!

Caitlin said...

Well good job! You're right, not accomplishing anything all day because of lack of energy will not make you feel any better. The opposite - which is what you did - will boost your mood and give you energy to tackle more!